The other night, me and a few friends were sat in my university accommodation doing our usual ritual of strongbow dark fruits and deep chats when we all started discussing things we didn’t know. It shocked me to say the least the amount of things I was revealing to them that I had no clue about, some things apparently I definitely should know, but for some reason…I don’t.
So here it is, the list of things I don’t know/did’nt know. Some are personal things e.g. my future and other are things apparently you learn in school but i never did. If you too also don’t know some of these things then feel free to let me know in the comments 🙂
- I do not know CPR
- I do not know how to put someone in the recovery position
- Until a few months ago I thought Dubai was a country
- I did not know that you can have an abortion between 12 and 24 weeks and by that time the baby has fingernails
- I did not know how to set up a standing order with my bank to pay my rent every month on the same day
- I didn’t know cars had 3 foot pedals
- I still don’t know what I want to do with my life
- I didn’t know how high the number of teenage suicides were
- I still don’t understand politics, I don’t think I ever will but I try my best
- I don’t know how to begin getting out of my overdraft
- I don’t know how to use a dishwasher, washing machine or dryer because Ive never had to
- I actually thought your blood was blue inside your body
- Apparently feeding bread to ducks is harmful
- I have picked up an iron and ironed a shirt once because it freaked me out the noises it made and I haven’t done it again
I think these are a few of the main things that came up in one of our ‘group discussions’ some of which really shocked my friends I think but they’re true. The Dubai thing is stupid but still, I didn’t know that.
This is just going to be a short post but I wanted to post it to see if theres anyone else that also isn’t too sure about some of these things and also to make sure that at some point in my life, I do take the time to learn these things.
Thankyou for reading